A Proven Legal Ally During Your Family Law Dispute
Family law conflicts are often highly sensitive, personal affairs that can leave you feeling isolated, confused and overwhelmed. But you do not need to face these legal matters alone. Working with a skilled family law attorney can give you the support and sound counsel you need at a difficult time.
At Thompson Legal LLC, we are here to help you. We have skillfully represented residents throughout Jefferson County who are grappling with challenging family law problems. When you retain our firm, we will help you find a thoughtful solution that protects your interests and allows you to move on.
Offering An Extensive Range Of Services
As a native resident of Jefferson County and an experienced attorney, Danielle Thompson is familiar with the concerns that clients have when they navigate Wisconsin’s legal system. We use this insight to identify an efficient and effective approach, saving you time and money.
In addition, Thompson Legal LLC offers a variety of family law services, allowing you to retain only one attorney for your legal matters. We regularly represent individuals and families in cases related to:
- Property division
- Custody/placement disputes and grandparent visitation
- Child support and alimony issues
Danielle Thompson also serves as a guardian ad litem for Jefferson County children involved in family law or juvenile court proceedings. We are deeply committed to providing the best representation to our clients in and out of court. When you choose to work with us, you will notice the difference that our advocacy can make from day one.
Using Mediation To Find A Mutually Acceptable Solution
At Thompson Legal LLC, we offer mediation services to clients who want to keep their concerns out of the public eye and retain control over the decision-making process. I am qualified to facilitate your mediation sessions, whether they involve a child custody issue, property division dispute or another family law concern.
You and your soon-to-be-ex could benefit from this form of dispute resolution if you are willing to work together to find a solution. There are many advantages that this out-of-court approach provides over litigation, including:
- Maintaining your privacy. Mediation sessions are not entered into the public record and cannot be referenced in court should you decide to litigate your matter in the future.
- Resolving issues efficiently. When you engage in mediation, you are not restricted by the court calendar, your attorneys’ schedules or court procedures. Parties have more control the scheduling process and the pace of the mediation sessions. These benefits allow you to limit the time you spend on this legal matter and transition to your next stage in life.
- Tailoring a solution that works for you. The parties involved in mediation determine the terms of an agreement, not a judge. Your agreement reflects your intimate understanding of your family’s needs, concerns and goals. A judge does not have this insight, which could have a lasting impact on how parenting rights are allocated, child support is awarded and property is divided.
- Limiting the likelihood for future litigation. Studies have found that the compliance rate for mediated agreements is higher than litigated agreements. When both parties have a say in the terms of their agreement, they are more likely to follow the terms and avoid needing court intervention for violations or enforcement actions.
- Strengthening communication and relationships between parties. Although you and your spouse are meditating a disagreement, the mediation process encourages civility, problem-solving and open communication. If your children are affected by your family law dispute, it is likely that you and your soon-to-be-ex will remain in eachother’s lives for quite some time. Cultivating a relationship built on respect is critical.
This list is not exhaustive. There are many other advantages that are associated with mediation. Contact Thompson Legal LLC to learn whether this approach is one that you should consider.
Providing Mediation Services For A Flat Fee
Divorce costs can add up quickly. Mediation may be a more affordable option. Rather than charging an hourly rate, we offer an all-inclusive solution for one flat fee. We will guide you through the entire process, from initial meeting to the final paperwork. No matter how complicated the process is and no matter how many meetings are required, you will know exactly what you will be charged.
Learn More About Our Services Today
You do not need to confront your legal matter alone. Get a knowledgeable legal ally in your corner when you retain our team at Thompson Legal LLC.